Making it to 65






It's been five (5) years since I started this Blog, I turned 65 recently. Turning 65 is a significant milestone for many people, as it marks the age of retirement and eligibility for Medicare benefits. It can also be a time of reflection on one's life and accomplishments thus far. Especially with Covid in the air and all the pains we all have so far suffered through. The loss of friends and loved ones has left a hole in our hearts that will never completely fill, and for some of the long haulers, the end seems not in sight. Covid forced us to look not only at ourselves and those around us, but also of how we are living life. We reevaluated our shopping and social habits and our freedoms.

 I look back on my 60th birthday, I celebrated it by flying to Dublin Ireland sitting in a Dublin Pub, and having a Pint of Irish Red beer, it was worth every penny, A memory to have for the balance of my life. 

For some, retirement at 65 may be a welcome change, allowing for new hobbies, travel, and spending time with loved ones. However, for others, it can be a daunting transition, with concerns about financial stability, life, health, and safety, and losing a sense of purpose or independence.

Turning 65 can also be a time to reflect on one's life and accomplishments. It can be a time to set new goals and pursue new passions.

Of course, turning 65 also means facing the realities of aging. It is important to prioritize self-care and maintain a healthy lifestyle through regular exercise, a balanced diet, and more regular medical check-ups.

For Me, despite the Covid lockups and restrictions:

  • I have only gained a few pounds during Covid, and now I'm at 222 pounds.
  • I have however suffered a stroke and a seizure that earned me a fractured hip in these 5 years. 
  • A bad investment with my youngest son has cost me that precious relationship, and now we are estranged. He did not reach out for my 65th birthday yet he lives but 2 miles away.
  • I participated in the 2022 Florida Phython hunt.
  • I found some friends more reliable than others unexpectedly exceeding all my hopes and prayers. And some persons I regarded as close friends to be false, turning their back on me in my calls for help and aid. See below.
RELIABLE AND UNRELIABLE FRIENDS AND FAMILY


Heed this warning. As 65 approaches evaluate both your friends and family. Squirrel away extra cash in addition to all other needs for when they can not or will not respond to help you, I never thought at this 'early" age a day would come when I could not do some basic car and home repairs and tasks, I always thought somewhere in the back of my mind that my friends and family (assuming they were alive and well) should the need arise they would help me, what a fool I was. I recommend 
Upgrading your home safety (garb bars and handrails also) better your interior lighting be like the sun rather than a candle and install automation (see below).

My family has a recipe that has been handed down from my mother for a cake that is not only delicious but brings back her memory with every bite keeping her alive in my heart. My wife however takes a different view as it requires effort and planning, if I ask for it, she uses that as a reason to not make it. Needless to say another birthday with no cake.  I sent the recipe to Queen Elizabeth as a birthday gift before her passing. 

Get several Alexa Echos( I suggest 3 or more) or google home units and smart blubs to develop an emergency plan in case of injury or injury
While I'm all for information and consumer education, When relaxing and watching some TV or a streaming service, I really don't want to hear or know about your crotch rot, stench or limp dick. You know what's the best way to keep your Aids undetectable is stop shooting your mouth off and stop spreading it, it's best to be honest about having it and keep it to yourself and keeping your "gun" in YOUR pants and hands. Hey, Remember, silicone doesn't get AIDS, people do.

A look ahead


Throughout my life, I have invested time, energy, and resources into acquiring a variety of skills, tools, and possessions. However, as I have grown older, I have come to realize that I can no longer use most of these items safely. Even if I were to offer them for free, no one seems to be interested in acquiring old tools. Unfortunately, my children have no interest in my dated possessions, regardless of their value, my wisdom has been replaced with YouTube videos. It is time for me to let go of things like my scuba gear as well. Will I make it another 5 years to 70? or even to 66, seems this world and its inhabitants and I have different values and goals. 
However, I will strive to make the most of each day and live with purpose and intention, regardless of what the future may hold.


Life use to be simple: If you had a penis and balls you were a male otherwise you were a female (this decision was made before you were born or had input). Seems nature understands this, if you are still unsure as to what you or your "pronouns" are go to a farm for visual help, or stand naked over a water puddle or grab a mirror and have a look around down there, problem solved, stop bitching and move on. The only people that were "them" were persons with multiple personality disorder and your enemies.


I never worry about how many people will show up for my Funeral. I think the turn-out would be fine some there to show respect and sadness for my passing and an equal group to just make sure I am truly dead.

I'll be trying to make the most of this new chapter in my life. The future seems dark and forbidding to me, my compass seems unsure of a proper direction. My celebration of 65 will have to wait a bit more as I aggravated the fractured hip. What shall we do to celebrate this milestone in my life?

IN REGARDS TO TRUMP RUNNING AGAIN

Wake up! No one cares! If he paid for sex or to keep her mouth open or closed,  If she took the money let's just call her a whore or a "business partner" and move on.  President Kennedy was a skirt chaser also. President Clinton a married president got a blow job from an Intern in the White House and lied his ass off about his and Ms. Lewinsky's relationship, Had Clinton not come on her blue dress shoulder the problem would have never been known, what did we do, we acted like no big deal and life went on. 

It's not surprising that powerful men may engage in such behavior and try to hide it. While it's true that mistakes and some stupid comments were made by both Trump and Biden. We need to look out the windshield instead of the rearview mirror. 

Trump was also the first to take action against the Covid threat (does anyone remember the Diamond Princess and the Grand Princess cruise liner Covid shit show?). Trump tried sealing the U.S. borders and preventing the entry of the virusDespite strong vocal and print criticism from politicians, news agencies, and talking heads. Trump Tried to protect All Americans, and in response we fought him. In contrast, Biden proclaimed

Biden helped a major employer (Chrysler) leave Delaware, which raises questions about what he can do for your state and city. Would you rather have a short-term handout, and a shit-eating grin or a job? 

It's concerning that we provide foreign aid and support to other countries without receiving a debt offset or proper compensation or recognition for the loss of American lives. If we continue to interfere in other countries' affairs and try to, or kill their leaders, we may one day be the ones worrying about armed or Kamikaze drones and aerial bombs and missiles. 


I don't remember the Ukrainian president requesting FREE arms and military aid. It seems to me he made a Presidental supply request for his country that needs to be paid. NO $$$, who owes his country? Let's do an accounting adjustment and reduce the nation's debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Making it to 65

It's been five (5) years since I started this Blog, I turned 65 recently.  Turning 65 is a significant milestone for many people, as it ...